This year’s Giving USA 2018 report revealed that U.S. charitable giving exceeded $410 billion. Some highlights:
- Personal giving increased by 5.2 percent, the same amount as the overall increase.
- Corporate giving rose by 8 percent, on the back of tax reform and strong corporate profits.
- Giving to foundations increased by 15.5 percent. A strong contributor to this was contributions to donor-advised funds. Education continues to receive the highest portion of donor-advised fund-distribution giving.
- Giving to education increased by 6.2 percent, adjusted to a 4 percent increase with inflation. Alumni drove much of this increase.
For higher education institutions, you can compare your donor, alumni participation, and dollar results with our no-cost benchmarking reports. Request one today, and a RNL consultant will share the latest insights and strategy with you.
Latest posts by Brian Gawor (see all)
- Keeping the #GivingTuesday Momentum Going - December 10, 2018
- Charitable giving tops $400 billion - June 13, 2018
- March (Alumni Giving) Madness 2018 – Final Results - April 2, 2018